The 2022 S2Maui VENOM
from Artur Szpunar and Barry Spanier has a legacy of design experience creating winning sails that powered many champions at the highest international and national level competitions. S2Maui provides the engines that allow riders to achieve their goals. It has been a pleasure to witness S2Maui VENOM rider Delphine Cousin accomplish 2 consecutive PWA Championship seasons, winning both slalom and foil! S2Maui VENOM has also powered Antoine Questel to some of his career best results! We are most impressed by the success of our great team of national riders around the world who regularly claim multiple championships in Japan, France, Holland, Greece, Peru, Brazil and Hawaii each season. S2Maui ’s development never stops and the especially intense VENOM Race Sail program benefits from the feedback of our customers and rid ers as well as the detailed reports from our champion-filled World Cup and test team, Antoine Questel, Delphine Cousin Questel, Micah Buzianis, Mark Boersma, Andrea Rosati and Gabriel Browne. The 2022 S2Maui VENOM is our highest performing race sail to date.
W HAT IS SPECIAL ABOUT THE VENOM?
Experience, passion for performance and meticulous design attention create the magic formula of radical acceleration, power and speed with incredibly light and smooth handling. The VENOM combines ease and pleasure of use with lethal performance that can win races at the highest level of competition
2022 DESIGN AND PERFORMANCE FEATURES
• SHORTER CHORD AND BOOM LENGTH: 2022 VENOM has a reduced chord length (distance from leading edge to leech) as well as shorter boom. This allows for tighter turns during mark roundings and and a more efficient aerodynamic profile.
• SECOND CLEW ADDED: The 2022 VENOM has a second INOX D209 clew eyelet added further down and inwards. This increases versatility for riders who need their slalom race sail to serve dual purpose on both fin and foil, with the lower clew allowing a more upright rake angle, suitable for foil. The inward position of the second clew also reduces boom length further.
• MORE EXPLOSIVE AND DIRECT ACCELERATION: The 2022 features a fine tuned twist pattern and new panel layout that increases use of lightweight performance monofilm for the most responsive acceleration.
• MAXIMUM SPEED AND EFFICIENCY: The 2022 VENOM ’s revised, shorter chord length outline together with precisely tuned 3-dimensional profile, slippery leech twist, and leeward pre-bend give it the ultimate top speed and efficiency needed to win races and speed trials.
• ULTIMATE WIND RANGE AND STABILITY: The 2022 VENOM ’s shorter chord outline, tuned shaping and increased use of super stable performance monofilm together with S2Maui’s exclusive superlight and strong Technora Spacelight TM in the leech creates perfect stability and incredible wind range.
• SMOOTH, COMPLETE, CAM ROTATION: The 2022 VENOM uses S2Maui ’s low friction, multi-roller, wide footprint cambers at high pressure stations. Cam pressure has been carefully tuned for correct blend of stability and smooth, complete rotation. Lower cams have preinstalled, removeable shims for further tuning.
• OPTIMIZED LIFT: Careful attention to accomplish the perfect balance of lift and downforce keeps you perfectly trimmed while flying across the water.
• 7-BATTENS: Super-light in the hands, better pumping, easier rotation and more efficient twist while maintaining 100%stability and wind range.
• PERFECT CHARACTER: The 2022 VENOM flies smooth and balanced, even on the roughest and most gusty race course, allowing you to maintain optimal board trim and body position and focus on being the fastest, while others struggle